Re: A89: C++ Compilers

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: C++ Compilers

>In a message dated 12/5/98 4:13:53 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>davediego@geocities.com writes:
>
>> How do you compile C++ for the TI-89? Please send the info how to do this to
>> me or
>>  the list.
>yeah, send it to the list

You can use a standard C/C++ compiler for the 68k, but it is easier with
one designed for imbedded systems.  Basicly you write a program in C,
compile it, then go in with a hex editor so it has the appropriate file
style/type for the graphlink.  It's not really a big change, you just have
to put something at the front of it.  There is a thing on ticalc.org that
describes how to use CodeWarrior for the 92, and that has all the info you
really need.  I should probably write a perl script to do those file type
changes.  Oh well...

	--Nate

DISCLAIMER:  I do this on a mac, so it is probably different/more difficult
on a PC.  I also just discovered this a few weeks ago and have yet to
produce anything besides "hello world" since I have finals next week.
This solution should scale up, but it may run into more bugs.  I would love
to hear from someone who got it working really well.