A89: Re: Perverted :)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: Re: Perverted :)

The whole purpose is not for the reviewers to make money.  The idea
behind this is that if someone wants to sell a game, he can have it
reviewed if he thinks it is excellent and wants people to know this.
Since this would not be a business-type organization, we would not be
offended by people who do not have their games reviewed, but we will
gladly review games submitted to us.

Justin Bosch
justin-b@juno.com

On Sat, 05 Dec 1998 01:59:51 -0800 Eric Meeks <shaggy@popi.net> writes:

>Nobody is saying that you will have to pay for a calculator game.  You
>
>dont have to buy them if you dont want to.  This whole Orginazation or
>
>comittee or whatever would not sell games it only selects few games to
>
>be "aproved" and if that programmer/group wants to sell it they can.
>figure that if this comittee has a very high standard of excellence
>people will strive to make the best game possible for the calc.  If we
>
>set the standards high enough I have no problem paying a few bucks to
>reward the programmers for a job well done.
>	-McTwist
>
>TurboSoft@aol.com wrote:
>>
>> In a message dated 12/4/98 8:19:37 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>justin-b@juno.com
>> writes:
>>
>> > The organization idea is very intriguing, but how will the
>reviewers be
>> >  compensated for their efforts?  Why might they work for free when
>the
>> >  programmers whose games they are approving are making money?  To
>account
>> >  for this, I propose that any programmers submitting thieir games
>for
>> >  approval should pay some sort of fee, but no more than $5 or $10.
> Also,
>> >  this committee shouldn't be greater than five people, who each
>review it
>> >  based on a clear and meaningful definition of excellence.
>>
>> When people have to pay for games play on the calculator is the day
>that l
>> quit.
>> --TurboSoft

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]