Re: A89: Re: Perverted :)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Re: Perverted :)

Nobody is saying that you will have to pay for a calculator game.  You
dont have to buy them if you dont want to.  This whole Orginazation or
comittee or whatever would not sell games it only selects few games to
be "aproved" and if that programmer/group wants to sell it they can.  I
figure that if this comittee has a very high standard of excellence
people will strive to make the best game possible for the calc.  If we
set the standards high enough I have no problem paying a few bucks to
reward the programmers for a job well done.
	-McTwist

TurboSoft@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 12/4/98 8:19:37 PM Eastern Standard Time, justin-b@juno.com
> writes:
>
> > The organization idea is very intriguing, but how will the reviewers be
> >  compensated for their efforts?  Why might they work for free when the
> >  programmers whose games they are approving are making money?  To account
> >  for this, I propose that any programmers submitting thieir games for
> >  approval should pay some sort of fee, but no more than $5 or $10.  Also,
> >  this committee shouldn't be greater than five people, who each review it
> >  based on a clear and meaningful definition of excellence.
>
> When people have to pay for games play on the calculator is the day that l
> quit.
> --TurboSoft

Follow-Ups: References: