[A86] Low Batteries

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A86] Low Batteries

       I would like to know how the calculator knows when its batteries are
low.  I have not yet found any routine in the ROM that deals with this, and
I'm not aware of a special interrupt or port that deals with the voltage
level.  This leads me to beleive that the "your batteries are low, recommend
change of batteries" thing is built into the hardware of the calc.  That
leads me to another question:  How does the calc know how to draw the ASCII
characters?  It was my understanding that ROM routines like _puts and the
like drew strings of characters like it would sprites.  If the calc. can draw
characters without a ROM routine, why cant programs use it?  If you can
answer any of these questions, or if you can clear up any misunderstanding I
may have, I would appreciate it.  I might not be looking hard enough in the
ROM, but I dont know.

Thanks,
Marc McG