[A86] Re: ? [OT]

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A86] Re: ? [OT]

1) You call the Mac OS bad? What about Win 95, or Win ME for that matter.

2) IBM didn't let its BIOS be coppied some one got the idea to two groups one
to document the BIOS and what it did and the other to make a BIOS that did all
that was documented. And since the second group never saw the IBM BIOS then it
couldn't be called copping. The Mac OS and BIOS are to interwoven to do that
with.

3) Rember that Macs were intened to be used as graphics work stations, not as
gamming platforms. That's also reflected in the software made for them, Avid,
Strata, Adobe, etc. all came out for the Mac first because they were the first
system that could handle them.

4) If memory right, Steve Jobs steped down from CEO of Apple computers a few
years back.

Quoting Matt Johnson <matt2000@dogtech.com>:

> Jobs is a moron.. he thinks he knows what consumers want, charges high
> prices for that crap with a POS operating system. OS X will be cool,
> though,
> if they do it right and if Motorolla could pull a rabbit out of the hat and
> if Jobs would allow other manufactures to sell their computers (Ever wonder
> why Voodoo3 died out?) then they might have a chance. However, with these
> new video cards like GeForce3 coming out and stuff there is going to be a
> lot less emphasis on the CPU. A 1 ghz Athlon which is incredibly cheap
> right
> now would just about smoke any of that Mac
> stuff.
>
> Matt
>
> > >From: Shawn Ells >To your first remark: com files 64k max. >And your
> > fourth:If we have a Mac and a PC of equal clock speeds (Mhz) for them >to
> do
> > the same task the Mac will more offen than not compleat the task first.
> >>By
> > the by, Macs (G3,G4,G4 Cube, IMac) don't have fans on there cpu's, heck
> the
> > >G4 Cube doesn't have any fan what so ever :-P lets see a PeeCee do that.
> > Yes, and that was a major flaw on Macintosh's behalf. All of the G4
> towers
> > and iMAC's at my school run EXTREMELY hot, and 2 of the G4's have taken
> up
> > smoking this year. When will those G4's learn, "just say 'NO!' to
> drugs....
> > It really is a shame to see such great processors burn out because Job's
> is
> > too cheap (lol, considering the prices of MAC's) to put in something so
> > basic.   Cavan

"I can't be wrong - my modem is error correcting."

"Never underestmate the power of the off swich."

"I plan on living for ever. So far so good."

Follow-Ups: References: