A86: Re: Re: Strategy Games

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Re: Re: Strategy Games

Heh, Zelda. David's 6 month project 95% complete. Its only the best TI-86
game thats been stagnating at 95% complete for over a year.
Not to mention YOU PROMISED to finish it after I wrote the level editor. And
I love that level editor, bastard child! Hey Zelda would
be pretty cool if it was rewritten using my superior grayscale engine ;-)
Too bad TI-86 calculators are lame :-)

Matt

> A C&C game is a huge undertaking.  It doesn't seem that difficult when you
> start, but when you think about everything involved, you will realize how
> much there is to do.  Though, I probably just didn't finish because I'm
lazy
> and never finish anything (Matt, no jokes about Zelda here).  Doing
> buildings requires a lot of advanced tilemap techniques, and keeping track
> of everything is a pain.  Also, a game of this type must be done in
> grayscale, otherwise it will look terrible and be too hard to see what is
> going on.

Follow-Ups: References: