Re: A86: Re: Grayscale

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Re: Grayscale

yeah, ldir running 1024 times would take ~21504 cycles, if the z80 is
running at 5 million instructions/sec (i'm pretty sure it's slower),
that's just under 1/200th of a second, which leaves no time for regular
processing.

the other problem is that this doesn't actually solve anything because
you still have to have the space allocated on ram page 0.  it's better to
move some of the asm code to other places.

the standard method of just switching the screen address takes very
little time at all, there's no way short of hardware modifications to
speed it up.

and how dare you have any sort of creative thought!?? :)

-josh

On Thu, 20 Jan 2000 19:51:10 -0700 "Kirk Meyer" <kirkmeyer@bigfoot.com>
writes:

>No. An ldir operation of that magnitutde executed every interrupt
>would hog
>the space and make things run unallowably slow. Also, your idea of
>only
>switching certain pixels is insane, because flicker occurs if you
>don't
>change the screens fast enough.
>
>I'm not quite sure what is wrong with the current method of using
>$FC00 as
>primary and $F200 & $F600 as secondary and tertiary planes.

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.