Re: A86: Re: External memory...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Re: External memory...

ya know, it should be possible to solder another ram chip in, cut the
chip select trace and wire it to the extra address line going to the rom
chip.  theoretically, if you were to go to all the trouble to solder in
the extra surface mount chip, you could double the memory of the 86
without an external device.  of course, you could only use the extra
memory in specially written asm programs, but it'd still be kinda nifty.

-josh

On Thu, 20 Jan 2000 15:48:45 -0000 "Eric Greening" <littlbit@txcyber.com>
writes:

>By that do you mean like memory expansions?  Like the hp-48gx, you
>could buy
>a cartridge type thing and you could store variables, programs, ect.
>to it.
>
>Eric Greening

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.