Re: A86: Account Abuse

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Account Abuse

This is why the real ruler of the galaxy can't be anyone who wants to do
it; they have to pick someone who doesn't want the job, and stick him
alone on an isolated planet with a cat (at least I think it was a cat).
If you have no idea what I'm talking about, pick up a copy of The
Hitckhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Acutally, that was probably in The
Restaurant at the End of the Universe... it's been a while.

David Phillips wrote:
> This system is not exactly numerically fair, of course.  If a member doesn't
> want to state his opinion, then they don't get any say in the matter.  But
> that is his choice, and is not because of some artificial system.  The
> members with natural leadership tendencies will obviously come ahead in
> these matters.  But it is in a natural manner, and not artificial.
> Therefore, it is generally accepted by everyone, at least much more than in
> an artificial leadership system.  Whenever there is a group of people, some
> of the people will be leaders and some will be followers.  Doing anything
> else goes against the natural system and tends to cause problems.
>
> People that naturally lead do so because that is what they want to do.  A
> person will take charge because he wants to change or accomplish something.
> Other people will follow because that is what they want to do, rather than
> being told to follow.  Problems arise when artificially created leaders inte
> rfere with natural leaders.  A person will be artificially put in charge of
> a group and want to do something one way, but will not want to do it
> themselves.  The person that is instructed to actually do it will want to do
> it differently, which causes problems.  Members that follow other members
> will do so because they respect their opinions and experience.
> Later,
>
> --
> David Phillips <david@acz.org>
> http://www.acz.org/