Re: A86: Attn: Bryan Rabeler

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Attn: Bryan Rabeler

Why don't we all just send Magnus loads of email requesting iDanny be kicked
off?  I'd be willing to
create a few alias email addresses for this :P  Seriously though, why aren't
people complaining about iDanny as well as Bryan?  I, for one, find him FAR
more annoying than Bryan.  If not excessively productive, Bryan's OT posts
are at least entertaining, and often quite funny.  IDanny's, on the other
hand, are usually just ignorant and stupid.  Also, he tends to lose his
temper a lot...  (or at least the equivalent in email: CAPS and swearing)
-chris remo

>Shouldn't this be sent directly to Bryan and NOT throught the mailing
>list?  For one thing, it's harmful to Bryan (at least I'd find it as
>something that I wouldn't want spread around).  And another thing, it's
>off-topic.  Maybe you should follow the words you preach.
>
>What about idanny?  He was just as off-topic as Bryan, if not more so.
>Why was he spared the punishment of being banned from the list?
>
>Eric Greening
>
>Magnus Hagander wrote:
>>
>> Bryan,
>>
>> Effective immediately, you have been removed from all ticalc.org hosted
>> mailinglists.
>>
>> This is because you are, with no regards to the warnings sent, have
>> repeatedly initiated and fueled completely off-topic discussions. This is
>> very annoying to the people who are subscribed to these mailinglists.
They
>> subscribed to talk about [insert what the mailinglist is about, for
example,
>> assembly on the TI-86 calculator], not about what you think of ticalc.org
or
>> the staff-members of ticalc.org. Or anybody else, for that matter.
>>
>> This action is taken because a lot of our users have complained about
this
>> issue, and done so repeatedly. In previous cases this has happened,
warnings
>> have been sent out. You have defiantly continued until the last minute
>> before the ban would take place. Once over the time limit, you have held
up
>> for a couple of days, and then started again. To put it simple, this is
not
>> acceptable behavior on our mailinglists.
>>
>> Consider this your last chance. In four weeks time, on March 21st, you
are
>> allowed to resubscribe to any mailinglist you are interested in. Until
then,
>> you are explicitly *NOT* allowed to do this. You may read the traffic on
the
>> lists as any other person is allowed to do, using the web interface on
>> http://www.ticalc.org/community/lists/.
>>
>> Should you attempt to break this, by subscribing before the allowed time,
>> you will be permanently banned from our mailinglists. We hereby clearly
>> state that you are *completely forbidden* to do this, and any attempt to
do
>> so will be considered abuse of our network services. This will be
reported
>> to your ISP and any upstream providers for further action to be taken.
>>
>> Once this period has expired, you are allowed to fully participate in any
>> *on-topic* discussions on the mailinglists again. But consider yourself
>> permanently warned about repeating these offenses - action will be taken.
We