A86: Looking for z80 Programming Book

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Looking for z80 Programming Book

Hi all,

I am a beginning 86 asm programmer and wondered if you could recommend a
good book that I could use as a reference or for ideas.  Is the one
currently available from Zilog any good?  Or, if any one still has the
electronic version, could you send it to me?  Now that Zilog is selling
(republishing?) the title, they don't have the file on their site.
Another question: the 86 uses just the z80 and not any of Zilog's
"accesory" products for that processor, so the "technical manual" should
be a better choice than the "user manual", correct?  It seems that the
user manual exactly equals the technical manual plus documentation on
accesories.

Or if you could recommend another book that would be helpful as well.  I
have a gift cert for amazon.com and they might be able to get it -
something that isn't real expensive (not a full size textbook, I'd
prefer a through but handy reference).  They list a wide assortment that
they could probably find, but don't have prices or enough information
for me to make a choice.  Oddly enough, they have one thing in stock
that they say is only 2 pages for $9.95...  but they don't say what it
is except for a title.

thanks!

Adrian Mettler