Re: A86: sprites..

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: sprites..

In a message dated 1/31/00 11:02:47 PM Eastern Standard Time,
XxEklipZxX@aol.com writes:

> alright.  for some time now i have been trying to figure out how to make a
> user get those damn sprites move across the screen (please excuse the
> vulgarity.)  and now, i finally think i have it so i go open up my emulator
> and guess what.  i have a little problem.  when my sprite moves up or down
> the screen, it turns into a garbled mess.  but as soon as it moves left or
> right, it looks fine again.  any ideas?  my sprites (one for left and one
for
> right) are masked, if you are wondering and i am using the PutSprite
routine
> to display them.  if you need the source, let me know.

Every routine that displays sprites is named PutSprite.  I'm guessing you're
using the one posted on Dux's website, which definitely has a bug or two in
it that are similar to what you're describing.  My recommendation is to find
one on ticalc.org in the routines section and try that out.

----
Jonah Cohen
<ComAsYuAre@aol.com>
http://linux.hypnotic.org/~jonah/