A86: menus

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: menus

OK, the rom's menu routines are making me quite mad.  I'm trying to make
a menu bar like that which is produced by the BASIC command 'menu()'.
This menu bar is just like TI-OS menus, except you cannot clear it away
by simply pressing 'exit', and you can't do anything until you press one
of the F keys.

I made a little program to test out the menu info I found at Dux's
site.  It made the menu just fine.  But this menu is a TI-OS menu.  Once
invoked, it executes entirely separate of my program, and waits for the
program to end before it even lets the user make selections.  And a
press of the exit key terminates it.

Is there any way (well, if the BASIC interpreter does it, there MUST be)
to invoke a BASIC menu instead of a TI-OS menu?  I don't want the user
to be able to press exit;  I want everything to stop until the user
makes a selection, and then the program continues.

Thanks,

Cassady Roop
ti86prgm.freeservers.com