Re: A86: Re: LCD stuff

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Re: LCD stuff

On that note:  If, say, the ROM were executed from the very beginning,
as I believe it is when the calc is turned on after ALL batts have been
pulled, doesn't it reset the calc? (i.e., flush the VAT and system
memory???)  And the internal CPU registers, PC in particular, are RAM,
and thus power-dependent, correct?  If so, then if power were removed
from the CPU, the PC would reset to $0000 and the next time it turned on
the calc would reset.  Then, if the CPU were totally dependent on the
primary batteries, and absolutely does not run off the backup batt, then
when you change your batteries the calc should reset.  This does not
happen, thankfully.  So wouldn't that mean that the CPU is powered, and
thus running, even when only the backup battery is in the calc?

Cassady Roop

David Phillips wrote:

> What do you mean?  It always uses regular batteries...
>
> The lithium battery merely holds current for the RAM, the same as batteries
> in say a Game Boy cart (the case for Super Mario DX is clear, so you can
> actually see the lithium battery in there).
>
> > Is it relying on the back-up or regular batteries when
> > the LCD is off using this method?

Follow-Ups: References: