A86: Re: Re: Re: Assembly-86 Digest V1 #900

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Re: Re: Re: Assembly-86 Digest V1 #900

Hehe...we thought about that (hope your using it to control a player and not
do the decoding!).

>From 86ports.txt by Alan Bailey (no offense, but do you people ever look for
stuff yourself?  it's not like this info is hidden or anything!):

-----
port 7 - Link Port
-----

Write -
    11....00
    bits 2 & 4 - 1: makes red wire inactive
                 0: makes red wire possibly active if other calc says so
    bits 3 & 5 - 1: makes white wire inactive
                 0: makes white wire possibly active if other calc says so

Read -
    0000....
    bit 3 - 1: white wire current stopped because this calc said so
            0: white wire possibly active
    bit 2 - 1: red wire current stopped because this calc said so
            0: red wire possibly active
    bit 1 - 1: white wire active
            0: white wire inactive
    bit 0 - 1: red wire active
            0: red wire inactive

Notes -
    This is the same as port 7 on the TI-85.  Basically, to make certain
wires active,
    do the following:
    EX:                                          ;these are the values
        ld a,%11010100      ;White wire ON                $D4  ;you should
use
        out (7),a
        ld a,%11000000      ;White wire ON, Red wire ON   $C0
        out (7),a
        ld a,%11101000      ;Red wire ON                  $E8
        out (7),a
        ld a,%11111100      ;nothing ON                   $FC
        out (7),a

    To check certain wires, do the following:
    EX:
        in a,(7)
        and %00000011       ;only the lower two bits matter
        cp 3                ;bits 0 and 1 set
        jr z,BothActive
        cp 0
        jr z,NoneActive