A86: Re: Assembly-86 Digest V1 #900

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Re: Assembly-86 Digest V1 #900

Yes, this is actually a very simple question to answer.
On the 86 there are great many places to write temporary memory.  $8100 is a
great place to start in fact if it is an ASM program,  you have almost 12k
free there alone.  If you want to know as many of them as possible you should
contact Josh Seagoe (please forgive me if I spelled his name wrong).  On the
86, if you want to just write stuff someplace you have to have a source of
your info, like in your program, that is where you have to have the .db's.
to get them to some other location you would use the ldir intruction to copy
it to the proper location.  This however defeats the purpose because the info
you need already exists in the original location, your program.  The only
reason you would need to ever write info to some oddbal location is to keep
track of some temporary info, like a lives counter or something.
Anyways, hope that helps.
Tim Adkisson
Code7@zapo.calc.org   <- Check out our page too!