From: <ZeromusMog@aol.com>
To: <assembly-86@lists.ticalc.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 12, 1999 7:39 PM
Subject: Re: A86: Theory question [i think its about time we....]

> I beg to differ. I don't know HOW many people have bought a calculator
just
> because they saw someone with games on it. Heck, I only became interested
in
> calcs when I was messing around with one of the class's 82s and realized
that
> they were programmable. I had no idea how, although I knew quite a bit of
> BASIC and I tried to figure everything out. I got an 85 next Christmas.
<snip>
> The point of this long story is that a LARGE portion of graphing calcultor
> sales is because of games- more than we realize, and I think that TI knows
> that. They are more supportive than most organizations in helping people
do
> something that is not the intent of the hardware most likely because they
> realize that these games sell calculators.
>
> Although it might cost a few thousand dollars to insert some components
that
> might cost a slight bit more, it could be to their advangage. A powerful
math
> calculator that is also known for having some of the most fun multiplayer
> games available would definately boost sales to far surpass the cost of
these
> minor upgrades. Not only that, but if this multi-calc network is found to
> have other uses (which it inveitably will if it is used enough), there
could
> be some powerful uses for applications.
>
> Next time you start thining, "It's only a damn calculator," think again.
TI
> is not against the gaming thing, and if they are, they are out of their
mind.
> Now, honestly, why did you buy your calcultor?

Don't mind me, just making an ass of myself once again...

--Parasyte

Creator of AGFFR's IRC channel, #agffr
on irc.liquidnet.org

See a bad website:
http://www.jps.net/jmg1/
(Hopefully soon to be replaced...by AGFFR's Web page! Yah!
 much better!)

Remove -DONTSENDSTUPIDSTUFF-
to email me.

Quote of the week, presented by the local high school:
  "So, Amy, when did you start breast-feeding?"
    --My friend chris, about this freshman who hangs off of another friend
    of mine. He's always hugging her, etc. even though she has a boyfriend.
    Go figure :)

"When 900 years old you reach,       | ICQ#
Get as many chicks, you will not."   | 24280209
-10 things Yoda wouldn't say         |

-----BEGIN FF CODEBLOCK-----

[G](B)1(#)1,2,3,4b,5,6b,7b,Mb,T(F)7(C)Ae,Cd,Sb(V)Kf(O)+++(D)?(R)-
[P](A)=(H)+(W)=(G)M(E)gBr(T)dBk(L)= (P)CA (R)Cd

------END FF CODEBLOCK------
http://www.fortunecity.com/underworld/finalfantasy/363/auto_ffcode.html

http://www.geekcode.com

--THE CHEATER'S FRONT--
This Copy'n'Paste text symbolizes that the person who Copies and Pastes
it into their sig is a proud member of THE CHEATER'S FRONT, people who
are not ashamed to admit that they cheat the #%!@# out of games...pretty
much the exact opposite, in fact.  We're PROUD to say that when there's
no hope in sight, when you run out of ammo, and when that boss seems
impossibly hard, there's only one solution...TO CHEAT!!
--THE CHEATER'S FRONT--