Re: A86: Theory question

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Theory question

In a message dated 5/12/99 12:25:17 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
croop@oregontrail.net writes:

> All the schematics I've seen always stress that the links must be made
>  in pairs.  They are then calibrated with a trimmer resistor or coil to
>  adjust transmission to a mutual frequency.  It is unlikely, with the low
>  population of people who have these links, that there are many with
>  overlapping frequencies.  Just watch out for the FCC thought police if
>  you cross the public-frequency boundary, though. :)
>
>  >The only problem is figuring out
>  > which signal to accept in a room full of these radio links...

Considering that I would be in PRIME position to be a Radio ISP for the
entire school, (I live on a hill overlooking it), I would be concerned about
using public frequencies... how would someone get around this? Is it possible
to run a whole ISP for calculators using (a) radio(s) connected to a Linux
box?

FCC thought police... hehe... just finished reading 1984 for the 4th time
today (that's 4 times total, not 4 times within 24 hours. :P)... for those of
you who haven't read it... what's wrong with you?! :)