Re: A86: Theory question [i think its about time we....]

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Theory question [i think its about time we....]

And how long would the batteries last at 12 MHz?  I'm no processor
expert, but it seems to me that faster things always take much more
power.  For a minimally noticeable speed increase (at least in TI-OS)
you might drop your battery life 50% or more...

> I was thinking... you can get a 20 MHz Z80 for $12...
> I f you removed the chip currently in there, and
> replaced it with one of those, the calc should run a
> lot faster (the bus and memory access would slow it
> down, but it should still be a fair amount faster...

Follow-Ups: References: