Re: A86: Theory question [i think its about time we....]

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Theory question [i think its about time we....]

> 1) Memory - needs to be larger

More memory?  128k isn't enough?  More accessable memory would be nice.  I
could see 256k or possibly 512k, but that isn't really necessary.  As it is,
there aren't that many games to fit on your calc (just cool to show an 83
person three screens full...but it's not like you play them).  Only being
able to use 24k for an asm program is a major pain, though.  48k of free ram
for program execution would be cool.

> 2) Speed - needs to be faster (and slower for games/playing tricks on
> friends)

What CAN'T you do with 6 Mhz?  Four way side scrolling is about the only
thing (and that is possible, just very difficult with the memory
configuration).  Can't scroll the screen completely horizontally in
grayscale in less than about a second, or vertical in less than about a
half, but that's fine more me.  Clem's Maze-3D proves you can do amazing
things, and he told me it could (in theory) be about four times faster!

> 3) Linking - more calcs /radio linking

I agree, the link port sucks.  They should have made a MUCH better connector
(like the gb), and something with a better protocal would be nice (though
from what I've read, the old gb wasn't that much better).  If there was one
area to be improved, I'd vote for this one (wouldn't believe how many times
I've had to straighten out my poor graph link).