Re: A86: browsing files...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: browsing files...

i was working on a program that would let you transfer with any calc like
that, but it's on a rather far back burner.  the best docs i've got are
the simple lists.  _i_ know how most of it works anyway :)

grab ti86link.txt off ticalc or whereever and get _linkExec.txt,
linkcommand.txt, and maybe link.inc (there might be a few typos in that
one) off my web site ( http://members.xoom.com/rabidcow ) if you're
willing to do a bit of reading and to try interpreting my lists.

one interesting note - there seems to be a command to send keystrokes to
an 86 over the link port,(like the 92?) but i can't get it to do anything
but crash it.  it might be a problem with the program i was using to send
stuff though, so somebody might want to mess with it.

-josh

On Thu, 6 May 1999 21:01:59 -0500 "David Phillips" <david@acz.org>
writes:

>Hmm, silent linking, but on the calc.  That'd be cool.  Josh, did you
>ever
>write up a doc on using the link routines?  I'd like to make a program
>let you store a backup of an 83 on your 86, as everyone wants games,
>but I
>don't have an 83 :)
>
>> Yeah, I was going to make a program like that a while ago, but
>could
>> never find enough info about link stuff.  (That was awhile ago when
>86
>> asm was fairly new, and no one really knew what did what.)  I think
>it
>> would  be cool to make a prog so that you could log onto someone
>else's
>> calc, selected the files you wanted, then send them to urself.

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]