Re: A86: Assembly Studio 3.1 Released [OT]

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Assembly Studio 3.1 Released [OT]

First, the Game Boy Tile Designer is one of the many useful utitilies
available for Game Boy development.  Certain tools, like the tile designer
and map builder are quite useful for 86 development as well.  Clem uses them
to make tiles and maps for his games.  I personally use the assembly studio
sprite editor and my own map editor I wrote in C (as most of the time I need
to do more than merely place tiles).

Lite86 is Kirk Meyer's LZSS compression program.  It will compress raw data
(a la scabby's Bloat) or create a self-extracting program.  The new version
of assembly studio has a plugin for Lite86 compressed programs, so you can
compile with it and have your program automatically compressed.  Of course,
there are limitations to having your program compressed (like no
write-back).