Re: A86: Re: new ideas...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Re: new ideas...

I think what he's trying to say is you should make a page dealing with
fundamental mathematic theories, applied through assembly.  Like simple
multiplication, for example, which can be done with bit shifts like
this:

;multiply n by 7
ld a, 2		;n=2
ld b, a		;store value of n
rla		;n*2
rla		;n*4
rla		;n*8
sub b		;(n*8-n) or n*7
;a now holds result of n times 7. n=2, so value in A is 14.

Stuff like this is simple but seems incredibly confusing to beginners.
It is true that though there are plenty of tutorials out there covering
stuff like sprites and variable access and such, there is a great lack
of simple math tutorials.  Once those tutorials are done, then you could
move on to more advanced stuff like trig math and accessing the built-in
higher math routines of the 86 from an assembly program.