Re: A86: Replacement OS

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Replacement OS

Replacing all those rom calls would be an insane amount of work...  and
you don't have any space allocated for a call table.  The only benefits
are the large execution area, which I thought we had all agreed is not
that important, and the built in sprite routines and stuff.  The memory
saved from these would most certainly be offset by the memory taken up
by the new OS.  Then you have to consider the fact that it's not going
to run any current programs...

Chris Phelps wrote:

> Please read the attachement and send me some comments on this idea
> please.
> It has to do with writing a replacement OS for the 86 (as should be
> obvious from the subject or this email)

Follow-Ups: References: