Re: A86: [OT] Chess algorithm

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: [OT] Chess algorithm

At 08:44 1999-12-28 +0000, you wrote:

>Just a question that came to me, would it be harder to make a "AI" for a
>game like Golden Eye or NFL Blitz?  Is the chess AI especially hard to make
>because of all the thinking involved?

AI in board games should be easier since it's basically just a search
(with lots of tricks to make it fast) and no real AI. There have been very much
research in chess algorithms, so everything there is to know is available
on the net. Although I've never written AI algorithms for a shooter, or
a sports game, they should be harder (unless you're satisfied with stupid
enemies), and there's probably a lot less information available - you'll
have to do most of the algorithm design yourself.
--
Jimmy Mårdell                   "God made machine language;
mailto:yarin@acc.umu.se          all the rest is the work of man."