A86: (no subject)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: (no subject)

Hmm... I didn't mean to sound hateful of ticalc.org last night.
It is and has always been quite a useful site.  And I know
many of the staffers and am friends with all of them I know
well enough to be friends with, and I don't dislike a single
one of them.  It's just that the way things are being handled
now by the combined entity is quite questionable, and even
people inside this entity can see that.  I can't quite figure
why nobody's done anything about it.

I guess it comes down to this.  The only people with the
power to change this would have to give up power in order
to change it.  And in the history of the world, that doesn't
happen very often.  George Washington... I think that's
about it.  You don't just turn a despotism like ticalc.org
into a democracy where everyone gets a sincere vote
instantly.  And you don't do it at all if you are waiting for
the despots to change it.  Hmm... this letter seems to
be losing applicability with every sentence.  I guess
my point is I wish that the foremost site for furthering
this platform would be a mutual effort from everyone in
the TI community.  And lastly, I think the new web
design is too slashdotty.  :-)