Re: A86: FF:TC for 86? (Who knows at this point?)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: FF:TC for 86? (Who knows at this point?)

firstly, you can't be josh, because *i'm* josh. :)
as for one large program, if you're incredibly sneaky you can have
programs as large as 30k, but it's a serious pain in the butt.  normal
asm programs can only be about 9k or so.
i'm guessing a lot of the memory for an rpg would be in the form of data,
which you could store in external strings and essentially have all the
ti-86's memory available.  a single string can be as large as 64k.
if you've got more than 9k of asm code, there are several ways of
splitting it into smaller sections.  you could have several 9k sections
and let the ti-os do some of the switching between them, or you could
have a 9k section control a larger chunk in a funkier way.
essentially, you've got all the ram to play with.

-josh