Re: A86: Re: Re: [OT] A TI compiler - Why not?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Re: Re: [OT] A TI compiler - Why not?

Ah, that would be a time to use asm :)  I wasn't meaning that kind of stuff,
I meant more like simple formula programs and such, involving the use of
solver and the like.  Complicated programs like this would greatly benefit
from the use of asm.  The reason this is so slow, is because you have no way
to efficiently store the digits.  Each must either be extracted each time
using slow floating point division, or must be stored as a float in a list.
In asm, the digits could be stored as a string and easily searched using
standard string comparison routines.

Btw, please refrain from using inappropriate language on the list.  That
benefits no one.