Re: A86: Re: Re: [OT] A TI compiler - Why not?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Re: Re: [OT] A TI compiler - Why not?

Basic is great as far as it goes, but it can be SLOW!
Even when doing math stuff. I wrote a program to find
the number of decimal places before 1/n either starts
repeating or terminates, and when n got up into the
hundreds, the program would sometimes have to search
through a 100+ list. This is just too FUCKING slow. I
when finding the values when n was 100-150, I would
turn down my contrast and wait about half an hour
before it was done. It is stuff like that, where you
don't have to use really complicated computations, but
stuff that would be difficult to do in ASM, and a lot
of them, that's where an intermediate language would
fit.