A86: Re: Game idea... marginally off topic...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Re: Game idea... marginally off topic...

That and/or Civilization would be very cool to have on the calc, but it
would NOT be easy to program.  Would 16x16 in grayscale be alright for a
game like that?  8x8 would seem to be too small for sprites to be clear, yet
16x16 would make you scroll a lot to see the map.  12x12 sprites might work,
too.  Any ideas?

> I recently played a demo of the game Alpha Centauri,
> and I realized that a simplified version, with only
> four or five factions and no greyscale or something,
> could probably be implemented reasonably easily... If
> noone starts on it I will start in the Summer, but I
> would be glad to give up the project if anyone else
> wants to start earlier (the sooner it gets done, the
> sooner we all get to play it, right?).

Follow-Ups: References: