A86: Re: Re: Re: Re: Assembly

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Re: Re: Re: Re: Assembly

>there are some fairly good ideas here, maybe you could contribute something
>*positive*.

Yes, I'm sure the hundreds of questions he's answered are extremely
negative...

>it is pretty clear to see how basic relates to asm, and a tutorial that
>explains the relation would have helped me quite a bit when i was learning,
>a bit late now tho.

My thoughts are that if you can't learn regular asm, it shouldn't be dumbed
down for you... and if you can't remember _clrLCD, you should go bang you
head on a wall...
(Note: Not my fault if you sustain injury from last comment... =))

>just explain how basic functions work as asm calls. the most obvious is
>getKy and the call _GetKey

Tutorials teach asm, and source code teaches asm... it's been the same for a
long long while and there's no need to change it for those who can't do
it... if you can't do it, just stick to BASIC.  ASM is an optional upgrade
from basic that requires time and skill to use... I say you can learn it, or
not learn it...
_________
JBrett
tbarwick@esn.net - http://brett.acz.org
ICQ UIN: 20607010
AIM: BarwickBJ
ACZ member - http://www.acz.org

ps - why in the hell do you all think BASIC relates to asm?