Re: A86: Hardrive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Hardrive

Otherwise known as XT's.  The final version (pre 286) featured a whopping
30 MB hard drive (if it was in a good mood that day)

I still have one (in pieces) that may or may not work if someone wants it.

At 04:52 PM 9/24/98 -0700, you wrote:

>I don't know about anyone else...but that sounds wrong to me... the
>harddrive stores data. When u want to use that data, it is sent to the RAM
>where it can be actively used by the computer. If u remove a harddrive your
>computer CAN operate, it just needs a bootable floppy. Although this limits
>the computer, it will still run. I've used many old computers that run off
>only a book disk.
>
>Dave
>
>At 06:45 PM 9/24/98 EDT, you wrote:
>>
>>A hard drive is the memory component that stores the RAM(Random Access
>>Memory). It is a physical item and once remove the computer won't work.

Jason Doering doerinjw@email.uc.edu
ICQ # 11347435
Homepage soon at: http://homepages.uc.edu/~doerinjw/Welcome.html

Sex on TV can't hurt you unless you fall off!
.ASM programmers drive stick shifts.
I keep my .BAT files in D:\BELFRY
I used to have a handle on life, then it broke.
I'm as confused as a baby in a topless bar.

Follow-Ups: References: