Re: A86: asm clock?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: asm clock?

> I remember Kirk posting a program on here a while back that
> gave some kind of number relating to the battery power.  Might
> it be possible to determine how much battery draining affects
> the processing speed and use the "battery index" to correct
> for the slowdown?

This is a definite possibility, though probably not worth looking
into.  It's still going to be slightly off.  People prefer different
darknesses.  The total battery output is affected by halts and
stuff.  And there's no way to adjust a program perfectly with such
an inaccurate guide anyway.

Another idea was brought to my attention.  Since the speed will
only marginally change over 30 minutes or so, if you need a clock
for a science program or something, have the user calibrate the
calculator (hit enter, time a minute, hit enter, or something like that)
and then use that.  After so long, have the user recalibrate.