Re: A86: more on writing/running an asm prog.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: more on writing/running an asm prog.

>Date: Sun, 13 Sep 1998 05:36:59 +0200 (MET DST)
>From: Bryan Rabeler <brabeler@ticalc.org>
>To: assembly-86@lists.ticalc.org
>Subject: Re: A86: more on writing/running an asm prog.
>

>No.  When you buy a TI calculator, you are buying the use of the ROM.
You
>can use that ROM for whatever you want (your own personal use), but you
>can't give it to anyone.
>
>--
>Bryan Rabeler <brabeler@ticalc.org>
>   File Archives, News, Features, Newsletter, and HTML
>   the ticalc.org project - http://www.ticalc.org/
>
>On Sat, 12 Sep 1998 TGaArdvark@aol.com wrote:
>

>> > I believe you are allowed to also use the ROM for an
>> > emulator, as long as the ROM came from your
>> > calculator.  However I could be wrong.
>>
>> According to copyright regulations, you are wrong, but
>> TI said that it's okay (I believe that Pat said it to this
>> list during one of the threads of how immoral it was to
>> post ROM on the internet at free access).
>>
>> When you purchase the calculator, you purchase the
>> right to use one copy of the ROM and to make backups
>> of that copy, etc (regular use).  There is no way to follow
>> that rule and execute the same copy of ROM more than
>> once at the same time.

Will everyone please drop the ROM issue?  I think we've pretty much
defined you can copy a ROM from your calc and use it in an emulator.
And its a shame it took us smart calculator programming wizards (well at
least some of us are myself not included) like 30 something odd emails
to get that across.  Now can we end it or well it become the battery
thing again?