Re: A86: Show Down, (Life)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Show Down, (Life)

one writes:
{{Is this a challenge OR a game that you would like to see madefor
the86??????}}

another writes:
{{This wouldn't be a ploy to get someone to write an RPG, would it?  ;-)
Writting an RPG like this would take a serious ammount of time for just
a challege.  Now, a game programming challenge is always fun, but isn't
that what most everyone tries to do, anyway?  (make the best game)
Programming is not who can write the fastest routine, or write the best
game.  There are many factors that go into programming.  Even if you can
write lightning fast routines, it won't matter if your entire program
isn't well structured.  You could write a great game engine, but if you
don't have any creativity, it still won't be fun.}}

Actually, I wouldn't care if someone wrote an RPG for the 86.  There are
so many people out in the world programming RPG's (the easiest game in
the world to program--and probably the funnest in my opinion), so
another RPG wouldn't hurt.  The RPG I set forth would be the simplest
game ever to make.  If the programmer made external maps and external
functions, the RPG would be so upgradeable and easy to change "scenes"
just by simply changing the external map file.  In fact, this program
could become an RPG engine, and other programmers could easily make
their own "levels" (or maps in this case).

Just to write the structure alone for this program wouldn't take more
than 30 minutes.  The drawings could be stick figures and crappy looking
because you could always change it later.  Then to actually change the
structure to an actual program would take a couple hours for a
intermediate programmer.

Of course, I have NO IDEA how to program 86 asm, but I do know 92asm and
PCasm, and if the 86 is even a little bit close to these, then I'm
correct on what I've just typed.

-Rob
p.s.  I hope I didn't offend anyone--I did take a shower. =)