A86: Re: A bunch of asm Questions

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Re: A bunch of asm Questions

>    Hi, could somebody please answer these questions.  I would much
>appreciate it!!)
>
>    1.  When you run an ASM program, is the busy indicator on or off?

    On, unless u call _runindicoff.

>    2.  Are the registers cleared when ever you run another ASM
>        program or are they still what the prev. program set them to?

    I dunno.  Good question.  I think if a program runs another program
(like a shell) then the registers are the same, but if it is run from the
TI-OS, doesn't it overwrite _asm_exec_ram??  Dux, help me out =)

>    3.  How do you use the VAT?

   Use rst $20 and rst $10 to get info from variables.  See Dux's tutorial
on absolute addressing.

>    4.  Do you have to clear the LCD every time you start a new ASM
>        program or is it done for you?

    U have to clear it

>    5.  How do you use the checksum in your prog.?

    Only in alt and sqrt programs

>    6.  I know how to write numbers to the op1-6, but how do you write
>        text for use in the CREATE calls?

         do this:
           ld hl,name
           rst $20            ;move the name to OP1
      name:
           .db 4,"NAME"

>    7.  How do you get the proper x,y values to work with _vputs?

    Write the hex eqivalents into either (_penCol) or (_curCol)

>    8.  Which include file is _alt_slink_exec found in?

       ram86.inc

>    Thanx ahead of time, this my first real post to the list( I'v sent a
>couple of two word replies)
>
>    9.  I almost forgot, I'm wondering how to make a 3d room from the
>first person view.  If anybody can help I'd sure welcome it!!

   Raycasting.  You must know triganometry and a bunch of asm. =)

>    Again, thank you for any help you give me.

That was a LOT of questions.  Hope I answered them well =)