Re: A86: Input (yes another input question)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Input (yes another input question)

In a message dated 10/4/98 4:28:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time, electrum@tfs.net
writes:

> Yeah, I know.  A few t-states isn't worth trading for a few bytes, imho.
>  About the only time loop unrolling is good is when you are doing somehting
>  like scrolling, where you are looping for the whole screen.  I was just
>  joking because I didn't think about using a loop.  I just followed what he
>  had before.

the only time recursion is really necessary is when you don't know ahead of
time how many times it will run (findpixel, for example).  if the line before
a loop is "ld b,_" then making it recursive is just a convenience.