Re: A86: Re: Creating distinct random-integer.....flame....getkey

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Re: Creating distinct random-integer.....flame....getkey

first of all...if you had noticed, all the BASIC commands throughout the
calculators are BASICally the SAME!!!!

I'm on this list to get maybe...hmmm...ASM info.  I know they aren't
completely the same, but they can easily be ported.  I hate to be
flamed, and I know how many people on the many lists hate me, and that's
why I said "I don't know if this was answered..."  Now, I put a set of
code on this list that I kept to myself for awhile.  I haven't noticed
anyone else making the same code.  All I see are people making stupid
"randomize and check the current" code, which is slow and inefficient.

I was playing this solitaire game that had one of those systems in it.
It will display the card it was randomizing, and on the last card, it
would stay that way for a minute...HELLO!!!  The code I gave is the same
speed throughout the whole randomizing process, and in fact, the whole
process (using 52 cards) is about 10 seconds.

{If you will, I'll answer the Basic questions. }
Ok, fine, maybe you are the GOD of all BASIC questions, and I should be
on my knees in front of you begging your forgiveness.  Yeah, and I'm the
Zar of Russia.  You CAN answer the BASIC questions, but I don't look at
all the "Re:" to mail.  I just keep the original and the first reply,
and if the reply wasn't up to MY standards, I answer after everyone
else.

{Your answer is completely incorrect.}
??  Actually, that code has worked for many of my programs.  It may not
work for the 86, but if you show me the commands, I could rewrite the
code for the stupid calculator.  I won't even need you to tell me what
the commands syntax is, I'll just KNOW it because if you would open your
eyes, you would see they use the same.

{If you don't have an 86, wtf are you on an 86 list?}
I said it before, but I'll just come up with more reasons.  Why buy an
86 when I have a 92, 83, and 85?  The extra money I do get, I spend on
my beautiful woman (taking her out on dates, jewelry, and being truely
in-love with a HUMAN), not on another calculator which just repeats the
processes of my other calculators.

{After someone answers a question, please don't post 10-20 more replys}
But if you don't do that, you don't get variety and conflicts...DUH.  If
you say "don't post 10-20 more replys," then why did you just post
another one?  What's it matter to you if you get another "Re:" mail.
It's not like stopping me from doing it is going to stop everyone else.

{-InFuZeD " Hmmm....Donuts... "}
Infuzed?  with your ass?  To reply and tell people not to reply so many
times, it sounds like you're a chump.  The list was made to help people,
my last reply WAS to help the person...where's your help in this
message?  Donuts?? are you a fat lazy bum who has nothing better to do
with your life, and you got hungry at the last second of your message?
I mean, I could've come up with something better than "donuts,"
especially in a flame.

Not to contradict myself about helping...I'll place a little code, to
help someone out there:

a=a list of key presses
b=a list of returns

dimL(a)->f          unless it's dim or lngth
0->g
lbl over
0->c
while c=0
 getky->c
endwhile
for d,1,f
 if a(d)=c:then:
  d->e
  f->d
  1->g
 end               unless it's endif
end                unless it's endfor
if g=0:goto over
b(e)

This code will stall execution until a key is pressed that is in "a"
list and returns the association to that key in "b" list.  For example,
if a={105,95} and b={0,1}, then the program will wait until either the
ENTER or + key is pressed and returns 0 for ENTER and 1 for +.  I said
before I didn't have an 86, so I made this code as simple as I could for
portability.  It might be some help to someone out there.

-Rob

otps: does anyone here like Monty Python?