Re: A86: Variables

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Variables

In a message dated 11/22/98 18:20:50 Eastern Standard Time, god-
mail@mailexcite.com writes:

> I'm A BASIC Programmer Mostly, But Now That I Have Made My First ASM Games,
>  How Do I Create Variables For Use In The Game? Or Do I Have To Use hl,de,
>  And Other Such Bytes/Words?
>  And Please Don't Just say My Method Of Typing Is Hard To Read, That
Provided
>  Me With No Help WhatSoEver!

you can use _textshadow and ram page 1 for scratch space.

you typically would load data into it using either:
-1 byte loads: ld (_textshadow),$ff
-ldir copies:  ld hl,source \ ld de,_textshadow \ ld bc,400 \ ldir
-10 byte loads: ld hl,source \ ld de,_textshadow \ call _mov10b

ram page 1 starts at $800b and ends at $bfff-22 or something.  just start
around $800b and you'll do fine.