RE: A86: ROM Images (legal battle thread)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: A86: ROM Images (legal battle thread)

Could you provide us with a link to this so called copyright law that the
Supreme Court upheld?  That way, we can all read it and judge for
ourselves.

--
Bryan Rabeler <brabeler@ticalc.org>
   File Archives, News, Features, and HTML

On Wed, 18 Nov 1998, Thomas J. Hruska wrote:

> At 06:15 PM 11/17/98 -0400, you wrote:
> >>Frankly, your arguments would never hold up in a court room.  The facts
> >>are that the TI ROM is copyrighted material and you can't distribute it.
> >>
> >Right. You _can_ make a copy for personal use, but without TI's permission,
> >it's illegal to distribute it for any purpose.
>
> How do you know that my arguments won't hold up in a court room?  They are
> sound arguments legally based on the national copyright law.  Only the
> Supreme Court could possibly overrule "programming research" by a change in
> the law.  I have proven my point in many various ways and I seem to have
> come out on top every single time.  I have replied to every e-mail that has
> been sent and still proven "programming research" and the distribution of
> ROM images under the copyright law exception to be completely and utterly
> legal.  I may have seemed redundant at times, but that was to emphasize my
> point.  You have all presented very good arguments against "programming
> research."  However, I wouldn't have initially replied if I hadn't thought
> the whole thing through in the first place.
>

>                  Thomas J. Hruska -- thruska@tir.com
> Shining Light Productions -- "Meeting the needs of fellow programmers"
>          http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/8504
>                     http://shinelight.home.ml.org

Follow-Ups: References: