Re: A86: ROM Images (legal battle thread)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: ROM Images (legal battle thread)

Well, distributing ROMs could potientally cut into TI's sale of
calculators because people (espically programmers) will use the free ROM
instead of buying the calculator.

--
Bryan Rabeler <brabeler@ticalc.org>
   File Archives, News, Features, and HTML

On Tue, 17 Nov 1998, Cassady Roop wrote:

> > Paranoid I am not.  Cautious I am.  TI is just waiting for ticalc,
> > ti-files, or dimension-ti to mess up.  The second that such an error is
> > made, TI will begin the legal process.  TI would love to shut down every
> > last major site and if we can defend our position and win, TI will leave us
> > alone, forever.
>

> 	I don't think that they are like some evil organization just biding
> their time before maliciously striking down all sites that have used or
> provide their ROM.  Although they of course don't outwardly admit it, I
> don't think they mind THAT much as long as you don't turn around and
> start selling the ROM.  After all, assembly programmers buy
> calculators.  They don't want to alienate their customers.  Maybe they
> are afraid that we'll all turn Hewlett-Packard...

Follow-Ups: References: