Re: A86: ROM Images (legal battle thread)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: ROM Images (legal battle thread)

In a message dated 11/17/98 1:08:34 AM Eastern Standard Time, thruska@tir.com
writes:

>  Ummm...He who is the archiver at ticalc.org doesn't know that the 82 has
>  assembly capabilities?  He who personally put CrASH, ASH, JASS, and
>  OShell-82 shells for the TI-82 says it no longer exists.  This sounds like
>  hypocrisy to me.  Besides, how did we get an 82 shell in the first place?
>  Someone had to use the TI ROM for research purposes.  So, Bryan Rabeler, if
>  TI doesn't allow their ROM to be used for research purposes, you had better
>  remove every last assembly shell, game, and program from the 82 directories
>  or you are in serious legal trouble.  However, TI can't and won't prosecute
>  since "programming research" is legal under the copyright law.

ti did not support assembly on the ti-82, so it was NOT meant to be
programmed, which voids all uses of "programming research" in investigating
the rom of the ti-82. in contrast, ti supported assembly on the ti-86, so it
was meant to be programmed, justifying the "programming research" claim.