Re: A86: Re: Bars

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Re: Bars

In a message dated 11/15/1998 9:49:37 PM Mountain Standard Time,
electrum@tfs.net writes:

<< We wrote a pretty good table-driven bar menu that's being used in several
 games.  I've attached it to this message.  It might be bigger than what you
 want (125 bytes), but that's because it's general purpose.  It can be used
 for up to 7 or 8 items (don't remember how many work) at a time, and it
 jumps to an address for each item.  It displays whatever you want for the
 title and the items.  The advantage is that you could use the same routine
 for 50 different menus in one program and wouldn't have to change a thing.
 If anyone has any improvements, let me know...

In your example table, you have:

; example table:
;  .db 2				; num entries
;  .dw "My menu",0		; title text (at the top)
;  .dw "First thing",0	; text for each entry
;  .dw "Second one",0	; ...
;  .dw Option1			; pointers (labels) to jump
;  .dw Option2			; to for each entry in menu

Those first three .dw's need to be changed to .db's.  I am pretty new to
assembly and it took me 10 minutes to figure that out.  Maybe you could change
that so nobody else has problems.

THANX
Dan