Re: A86: Basic to Asm Variable Transfer

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Basic to Asm Variable Transfer

>>I need help transferring variables from basic to asm for a game I am
making.
>You could use _rclx and _rcly (don't remember the equates).  They put the
>values of the BASIC variable in x/y in _OP1.

Hmm.. I know you can load any external variable by using _findsym. This (If
I remember correctly), will have HL pointing to
the data and the correct ram page set for the start of the variable data.
Then for Real Variables use _mov10b (I think), which would move 10 bytes
from (HL) to OP1. Then there you go. If you are needing strings you will
have to use block move operations (see (sqrt)PRGRM template on Dux Gregis's
site for Absolute addressing block move operation examples).
Of course this is all of the top of my head any I may (and often am) be
incorrect.

See my Asm FAQ for details on finding variables. There is another document
recently on TI-Calc labled ti86prot.txt that
explains variable formats. Also see that for more info

>>I don't that beginners crap either.

Uhh.. umm... uhh.. someone is missing a strategically placed verb.

>>I have checked Cyber Otic 2000 but It doesn't help much. I'm sure it will
>be better in the >future.

Well of course

>You probably just don't know what you are looking for.  I'm sure Matt is
>very unhappy that his site disappointed you.

Nahh I'll live ;-)

I'll just have him read my interrupt section and Advanced interrupt section
(both coming soon), and then he really will know that this is "no beginner's
crap either" - I'll teach him ;-)

just j/k

Later,
  Matt