Re: A86: Compression Program

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Compression Program

about a month ago maybe. Pat suggested that rather than storing
information within a program, you create a hidden variable. For example,
'sqrxz' could create a hidden variable called '*sqrxz' or something like
that. another advantage of this scheme is, when the program is
transfered the new owner can set their own settings (very useful for
password programs...) the only disadvantage would be that the *... vars
would remain if you deleted the program. but if we can all agree on
having all temporary variables begin with the * character then i'll
write a program that removes them all at the user's request...

CAN WE ALL AGREE UPON THE STANDARD OF USING THE * CHARACTER AT THE START
OF VARIABLE NAMES? OR POSSIBLY A DIFFERENT CHARACTER?

--

Follow-Ups: References: