Re: A86: Re: Re: Hard Locking the calc

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

On Wed, 13 May 1998, Trey Jazz wrote:

> i was thinking of a randomly 'smart' program that would give an answer
> depending on what the input was. so that ppl wouldnt get suspicious when
> they tried it :)

Yeah, 6 + 7 = 14.3 is quite suspicious, but who would question
sin(pi^2) = -0.47?

There are all sorts of little pranks to pull:

1. randomly change the number base display setting after each entry
2. install upside-down (or sideways, or mirror-image) fonts
3. switch + and * (oh, wait... it's been done)

Personally, I'd like to see someone make the calculator briefly display a
"Happy 86" icon in the center of the screen whenever the calc turns on.

--------
Dan Eble (mailto:eble@cis.ohio-state.edu)
         (http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/~eble)

"Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!" -- James 3:5

Follow-Ups: References: