Re: A86: Asm Questions that have been building up :)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Asm Questions that have been building up :)

>The routine that generates grayscale doesn't use halt. At least
>no routine that I've seen. The program that uses grayscale might
>use HALT, but then it's because of a totally different reason
>which has nothing to do with grayscale.

Yeah, but you could just as well use halt, instead of doing the interrupt.
In fact, if I were writing a grayscale program, I'd do something like this:

loop:
   grayscale code here
   halt
   jr loop

That would work just as well as putting it in an interrupt, and it would
even be safer, because you wouldn't have to worry about stack overflow if
you had more code than would execute in one interrupt period.

--Joshua