Re: A86: Asm Questions that have been building up :)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 21:10 1998-03-19 -0500, you wrote:
>>ZShell was more than just disassembling though...
>
>how so?

Well, before ZShell, there was nothing to disassemble. The
hardest part (?) was probably to execute assembly code on
the calc at all.

>>The HALT instruction can also be used, but it's not good sometimes
>>because the delay part is always fixed. Using the above method,
>>the delay part may change, depending on how much work is required
>>to do the "gaming".
>
>I don't understand. What generates the interrupt in the first place on the
>grayscale pic, why is HALT useful? The grayscale program uses multiple
>halts.. too.. so why would they do that?

The routine that generates grayscale doesn't use halt. At least
no routine that I've seen. The program that uses grayscale might
use HALT, but then it's because of a totally different reason
which has nothing to do with grayscale.

--
Real name: Jimmy Mårdell
IRC......: Yarin