Re: A86: Change the whole TI-89 operating system?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Change the whole TI-89 operating system?

> Is the flash rom the whole actual rom? I mean, if someone overwrites the
> ROM image with a hacked rom image, and makes a mistake, they couldnt even
> get the original rom back could they? Once you lost the OS, how could u
> upgrade it? I mean it uses the ti graph link to transfer the new rom right?
> Maybe they have a permanent rom that is an interface for transfering new
> roms.. I don't...Weird.. any ideas?
>
> -Matt

  If you really messed up you might loose the ability to change the rom through
the calc unless some of the basic rom functions are actually burned somewhere.
If not you would have to open up the calc, pop out the rom chip (if it's in a
socket), and put it in a reprogrammer. Now that would be a pain!
                                -Michael