A86: Change the whole TI-89 operating system?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Change the whole TI-89 operating system?

Flash ROM.. hmm.. if someone knew enough about the TI-89, couldnt they
actually create there own Z80 operating system??  Like CP/M.. I mean,
someone could hack the flash rom and make there own freaking rom!! You
could make it totally different calculator, it could do anything..

Is the flash rom the whole actual rom? I mean, if someone overwrites the
ROM image with a hacked rom image, and makes a mistake, they couldnt even
get the original rom back could they? Once you lost the OS, how could u
upgrade it? I mean it uses the ti graph link to transfer the new rom right?
Maybe they have a permanent rom that is an interface for transfering new
roms.. I don't...Weird.. any ideas?

-Matt